Description and Features
This review is for TSA Luggage Locks with 4 Digit Combination with 4-digit combination suitable for travel luggage like suitcases and bags.
You can order the locks in the following colours – Black, Blue, Pink, purple, Red and White.
Ordering a bright colour will help your suitcase stand out at the airport.
Four Dials for Extra Security
Each lock has a chrome four-dial combination lock, which gives the lock extra security. You can set each lock to your own unique combination.
As there are four dials, you have 10,000 different settings. As opposed to the more common 3-digit combination which has only 1000 different settings.
Tri-Circle Combination Padlocks
These are Tri-Circle locks. Tri Circle is the trademark of a company formed in the 1930’s in China. They are responsible for producing a wide range of quality locks. This lock is made of zinc alloy in a plastic casing.
TSA Approved Locks
The locks have this has the Travel Sentry Logo. Recognised by the TSA and HMRC. These locks allow you to lock your luggage. However, allow the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) inspections without damaging your lock or luggage. This is because the TSA screeners has coded and secure tools to open these locks. Therefore, there is no worry that they will cut the lock or your luggage damaged.
It will also prevent pilfering from unlocked suitcases. They are ideal when you have to leave luggage unattended or on an overnight stay. You can tell that the lock is TSA approved by the red symbol on the top of the lock. For more information, the TSA government site is at http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-information/baggage-locks for more information.
Size of the Lock
The diameter of the shank is quite small approximately 1/8”. The lock will therefore fit through most standard luggage zippers. The overall size of the locks is as follows: Size: 6.7cm/2.6″(L) x 3.0cm/1.2″(W) x 1.2cm/0.5″(H)
Use the lock for other Purposes
The lock is suitable for other purposes than just securing luggage such as toolboxes, shed and bikes
The 4-Digit Combination Lock
The lock comes originally set at 0-0-0-0.
You can set the lock to any number and reset the combination as many times as you need.
To set your own combination, see the following notes.
What I like about the TSA 4-Digital Locks
- These locks are very sturdy and of good quality. The body of the lock is very large and robust. In addition, the finish of the lock is good.
- The lock has good quality combination tumblers. There are four numbers, which gives you more security than locks with just three tumblers.
- Good for low-level security.
- Twin pack lock for a good price.
- The design of this lock is longer than usual, which is a great help hen trying to fit the lock through more than one hole or zip. The design of the lock makes it appear locked even when it is unlocked.
- Delivery was quick and the locks came well packaged
- The locks are of a bright colour, which helps you to identify your luggage at the airport.
- The combination dials are easy to move and to reset the combination.
- Several customers have stated that they have survived several air trip check-ins and have not become unlocked or broken.
What I dislike about the TSA 4-Digital Locks
- There is nothing I could find to complain about these locks.
Summary of the Review
These TSA 4-Digital locks are highly recommend by all Customers. You can check out the TSA 4-Digital locks at Amazon.